Wednesday, September 9, 2009

basically

Just because someone gives you daps, or speaks when they see you, doesn't mean that y'all are friends. I'm starting to learn that. Someone I thought that I was fairly cool with completely showed their ass. I've considered lashing out, but why bother? As I step into a new school year, I really have a desire to do things differently. No more play-play. No more foolery. And if I were to lash out, though I'd feel great in that moment, I would be backsliding into the negativity that I've fought so hard to get out of these past few months. Has it been easy? No. Hell to the muthafuckin' no- but I did it. Am I perfect? No. Do I still slip up every now and again? yes. But I'm trying my hardest to prevent one too many slip-ups.

I guess the moral of this post is- if you have folks in your life that are acting strange towards you, and your first instinct may be to act a damn fool- STOP- THINK ABOUT IT- try something else.

Leave them fools at Jesus' feet.

No comments: