Monday, January 19, 2009

Alis Volat Propiis.

"She flies with her own wings".

I'm seriously thinking about getting that as a tattoo on the back of my neck. It just.. really.. stuck out at me. I have an insane obsession for latin phrases. They're always so inspirational, and uplifting. I've never wanted to be the type of person to get some stankin' tattoo of something meaningless, and regret it 30 years later. I want a tattoo that I'll cherish.. even when I'm old and prune-like.

Why on the back of my neck? They say that your first tattoo should be in a spot that you'll have the option of covering it, or flaunting it. My hair is long enough to cover the back of my neck just in case I don't want folks too see it, and I can wear my hair in a bun/ponytail if I wanna show off something lite. Feel me?

I've always taken pride in being my own person.. not needing anyone else to hold my hand every step of the way. I have my own ideas, my own thoughts, my own beliefs.

Flying with my own wings, I don't need anyone else's.

No comments: